Does finding the right words to share your organization’s heart with the people who will “get” your message leave you starring at a blank screen for hours? After over five years working in a variety of writing fields, from nonprofits to a daily newspaper, I have the experience needed to capture the voice of your business and make sure the right people hear your message.
It’s all about getting your mission, passion and personality out to the people who care about your projects as much as you do. It’s showing the need and offering people a chance to join in on the solution. It’s finding potential and turning strangers into co-creators, co-learners and customers.
One of the largest challenges nonprofits face is securing funds to turn an organization’s goals into reality. Finding a funder who is a perfect fit and submitting a grant application can be complex and intimidating. The results are worth the effort, but getting there can seem impossible.
After years working as a grant writer, I have experience finding funders whose goals and missions lineup the nonprofit I am working with. I understand what funders are looking for and know the best way to present the information they need. I have secured multiple grants from private, federal and state funders for projects that range from growing a brand new nonprofit to implementing a comprehensive water management plan that effected thousands of residents.
Whether your organization is starting at the very beginning, already has a funder in mind, or just needs help polishing an already written proposal, I can create a grant application has the best chance of success.
Have a sales page that needs a little pizzazz? An about me page that doesn’t quite capture who you really are or what your business is all about? Or how about a blog that hasn’t been updated in six months?
I’ve been writing web copy for a variety of websites for the past six years and love helping clients present the truest and best version of themselves online. I believe that your website should be a natural extension of your brand and your business. It should feel as comfortable and natural as coming home.
We all know that having an active online presence is huge, but all the options can seem a bit overwhelming. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube, Instagram – the list of social media platforms goes on and on! I can help narrow your social media efforts to include only the platforms that will work best for you and your product. I’ll even go one step further and create a custom plan of attack for your social media efforts.
Still sound overwhelming? If creating an online presence feels like just another thing on your to-do list, I also offer social media management so you can focus on the parts of your business that you really love while knowing your online presence is in good hands. I have experience creating and managing cohesive social media presences that work for clients to promote their message and engage their community in a natural, non-spammy way that gets customers excited instead of annoyed.
What happens next:
- You contact me through the contact form below and receive and automate response to confirm your subscription. I cross-my-heart-and-hope-to-die promise I won’t use your email address to send you any of those spamy emails that we all hate. Using this form, and the subsequent confirmation email just lets you know I did receive your request and also makes sure that your email doesn’t end up in my junk folder.
- I’ll send you a creative questionnaire with questions that are all about you, your business and who your reaching out to.
- We’ll then set up a business discovery session, usually via skype, to talk about your questionnaire, define your goals, and your project’s time frames.
- I email you a quote for the project we’ve talked about.
- I research your industry, your competitors, and develop a list of keywords for SEO if I’m developing online content for you.
- I get to work and send you a first draft for you to review.
- You may or may not send it back with revisions.
- I send you the final draft, and we all do a little happy dance.
Ensuring my clients are happy with the end result is my biggest priority. I keep lines of communication open about the progress of the project and am open to changes or additions as the project progresses.
Interested in chatting or setting up an initial consultation? Fill out the form below and we’ll get started!
Comments or questions are welcome.